Second edition after Improve Facebook security by Deleting unnecessary session.
I have been implementing this for more than a year now. This extra security precaution provided by Facebook itself should be perform for improved Facebook account security.
When someone login/access your Facebook account from an unidentified computer or mobile device, a notification will then be sent. The good thing, you can choose either through a text message or email or both.
How to activate Facebook Login Notification:
- Go over to Facebook account settings
- Click on Security (left side of the screen )
- If you have not activated it yet, you will see the same message as below – disabled
- To enable it, click on edit in the right side of login notifications.
- Now you are left to choose either activate text message/push notification or via email.
- As recommended, activate both, now check on “email” and “text message / push notification”
NOTE: If you haven’t associated your facebook account with a mobile number, a pop message will show which let you add one.
- Done! You just added 40% security to your account!
This is how a email notification look like: