A Taiwanese fisherman,65-year-old named Hung Shih-cheng, was shot dead earlier by a Philippine Coast Guard personnel in the disputed waters.
The incident might be the cause of the attacks, serving as payback.
Users to launch DDoS attacks, until the Philippine official apology so far.
Listed below are the websites affected of the attack:
- Armed Forces of the Philippines (http://www.afp.mil.ph/)
- Comelec website (http://www.comelec.gov.ph/)
- Department of Science and Technology (http://www.dost.gov.ph/)
- Philippine Senate (http://www.senate.gov.ph/)
- Department of Education (http://www.deped.gov.ph/)
- Department of Energy (http://www.doe.gov.ph/)
- Department of Foreign Affairs (http://www.dfa.gov.ph/)
- Department of Transportation and Communications (http://www.dotc.gov.ph/)
- Philippine Army (http://www.army.mil.ph/)
– list from interaksyon
Some major websites also experience downage, that includes, GMA News Online, ABS-CBN News, Philippine Airlines, Globe, Smart websites.
Filipino hackers have not done anything yet in response except for the warnings posted in their Facebook pages:
Philippine Cyber Army and Anon Cebu– yung kapatid po ng china naghamon po ng KEYBOARD WAR sa atin \m/.
Pinoy Vendetta – WARNING to .TW, defacing culture.gov.tw ( http://express.culture.gov.tw/message.html )
We will keep you up to date!